Special guest hosts, Executive Director of Marketing Communications, Kevin Holmes and Chef Jimmy Wang, Executive Director of Culinary Innovation, sit down to discuss Mastery of Fire and why the 2018 fan favorite, Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp, was brought back as our latest limited time offer.
Kevin Holmes and Chef Jimmy share a bit about themselves and some of the behind the scenes of the Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp campaign.
What we’ll learn in this episode:
- First introduced to the serving table in 2018, Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp was inspired by the American steakhouse and is a celebration of American Chinese cuisine.
- The goal is to deliver a premium and elevated surf and turf experience to our guests, satisfying their cravings while making sure they are getting the great value they expect from our restaurants.
- Another inspiration for Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp and all of our dishes is the idea of Mastery of Fire. Chef Jimmy shares that the wok is the only vessel that seals ingredients with unique flavor because of “wok hei” or the breath of the wok.
- Using a combination of grit and talent to master the wok, Mastery of Fire is a way to show our guests the intensity, dedication and skillfulness that goes into cooking our dishes and running our restaurants.
- Go behind the scenes of the latest Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp commercial and learn how a little camera magic captured the perfect wok toss.
Check out the commercial here to see the perfect wok toss and how the campaign comes to life for our guests.